Bharat Aluminium Company Limited Details

Bharat Aluminium Company Limited a part of Vedanta Resources PlcBharat Aluminium Co. Ltd. (BALCO) was incorporated in the year 1965 as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and since then the Company has been close...
Bharat Aluminium Company Limited a part of Vedanta Resources PlcBharat Aluminium Co. Ltd. (BALCO) was incorporated in the year 1965 as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and since then the Company has been closely associated with the Indian Aluminium Industry, in a pivotal role.Highlights ----------- - Government of India (GoI) divested 51% equity in the year 2001 in favour of Sterlite Industries (I) Limited. Remaining 49% is with GoI. - BALCO is playing a crucial role in introducing Aluminium as a potential alternative to other metals like Steel in construction, and Copper in power transmission industry. - Major operations of BALCO are in the town of Korba (Chhattisgarh), whereas its mines supplying high grade Bauxite are situated at Kawardha and Mainpat - The smelter capacity (installed capacity 100 KTPA), based on Soderberg Process, is being revamped to produce 345 KTPA through modern Prebake Technology. - After disinvestment, a smelter of capacity 245 KTPA has been established in the year 2004. - The smelter plants are being supported by uninterrupted power supply through Captive Power Plants - 270 MW at Jamnipali, Korba and 540 MW at smelter site. - New power plant with rated capacity of 1200 MW - Two units are in operation and rest two units will commence production by the last quarter of FY15-16. - Finishing lines are capable of producing high quality Ingots, Wire Rods, Billets, Busbars and Rolled products.BALCO has several FIRSTS to its credit in India ----------- - First integrated Aluminium Industry - First to have Captive Power Plant - First to venture into + 300 kA Prebake pots - First to produce Alloy Rods for conductors used in power transmission industry - First to roll material for Aerospace in the Country - First to produce largest Billet of diameter – 800 mm, length - 6 mt - First to set up the widest Hot Rolling Mill
Employees
HQ
912256461000
Location
New Delhi, Delhi
Revenue
$10M

Technologies

Hosting
Tag Management
Analytics and Tracking
Frameworks and Programming Languages

Employees

Assistant Manager
Bharat aluminium
Deputy Manager Legal
weighbridge & logistics incharge
Assistant Manager

Prospect on LinkedIn

Find verified emails and direct dial mobile numbers of contacts on LinkedIn, and sync them with your CRM instantly
Download ExtensionRepresents linkedin prospector
Browse Apollo's Directories

"We love the interface, the experience, and most importantly… the results."

Erik Straub

Chief Marketing Officer, Kickfurther

"Using Apollo, we’ve solved the biggest problem for every business, the lead problem. We are now constrained by sales time and no longer lack interested prospects."

Michael Transon

CEO, Victorious

Ready to try it out?

Get started for free, then add your whole team. You can always talk to sales if you’re interested in advanced plans.